Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meet Angel

Angel has been involved in Walk to Remember activities since 2010 when she served as the Coordinator for Aegis Students Rwanda and led Walk to Remember in Uganda.  She is a leader among her peers who is full of energy and has a deep passion for her country and the arts. She is currently a performer for Mashirika Performing Arts located in Kigali, Rwanda, that uses performing arts as not only entertainment but also a tool for social transformation and a source of employment.  When not busy with Mashirika and her many other projects, Angel assists in the coordination of Walk to Remember activities in Rwanda and throughout East Africa.


1) Why do you participate as an organizer for W2R? What drives you?
The thing that drives me to be an organizer for Walk to Remember is the fact that I know that it is a way to spread the word about the Genocide and its dangers. It is also away to take ACTION against genocide.

2) What makes you proud to be Rwandan?
What makes me proud to be Rwandan, is seeing how Rwanda has raised from its aches of the genocide and genocide ideologies in a short period of time and seeing Rwandans working hard, together to make a better future for us all.

3) What do you wish people knew about Rwanda?
I wish people knew that Rwanda is not just about the Genocide, and that it is unfair to label Rwanda for only one historical period of its time. I wish they knew more about Rwanda’s rich culture, beautiful land, people and language and how Rwanda is now developing and moving forward at a very fast rate in all its domains.

4) What is your vision for Rwanda and the entire continent in ten years?
My vision for Rwanda and the entire continent in ten years is that Rwanda and Africa in general will be a peaceful and prosperous land for all other continents around the world to look up to and admire.

5) How do you bring about change in your community?
I bring change in my community through theater and performing arts- by acting singing and dancing to the reasons why discrimination and genocide ideologies are dangerous for our future to come.  I also encourage those around me (Friends and Family) to help fight genocide ideology, by taking part in events like Walk to Remember.

Other than that- with everything I do, I try and do to my best, and act as an example to others -so as to influence the people around me to do the same. 
I am the ripple effect!  This is how I bring change to my community. 

6) What do you think is the leading cause of war or genocide in one word?
Hatred 

7) If you were asked to describe yourself with one word, what would it be?
Outgoing!

8) What do you want to be remembered for?
I will be remembered for my courage to be limitless and ability reach for the sky!!! 

9) Favorite Rwandan delicacy?
Isombe (cassava leaves) Yummy!!!! (Best served with rice!)

10) Your definition of success?
My definition of Success is actually reaching a point of life you only dreamed you could be. In other words making your dreams realities.

Bonus: What song makes you want to bust a move? 
Oohhh tough!!! Right now, "Stamina" by Eddy Kenzo!!!

------- 
Thanks, Angel!! 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, energetic and focused lady!! Someone with a great potential who inspires ladies when it comes to hardworking!!

    ReplyDelete